Totally Awesome Blog Intro!

Welcome to The Roxx Blog! This is a blog created to share and discuss my journey as I write my book(s) and short stories with other writers, published and yet-to-be-published alike. I also want to share my love of science fiction and fantasy books and short stories with like-minded readers and writers. Those who stop by will hopefully leave with helpful ideas, tips, links and with luck, feeling entertained. And most of all, I hope my blog lets other writers know to keep at it and that there is a vast community out there which is friendly and supportive.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Newby Trials

Writing is an emotional roller coaster when random people ask about it...


Person X: "Hey, what are you doing?"
Me: "Oh! I'm actually writing a book"
Person X: "What's it about?"


Initial joy and excitement at sharing my tasks and ideas with another person, expecting some minimal amount of excitement on their part.


Person X: "Oh, you can do that? Are you sure?"
Me: "Yes..."
Person X: "So it's more a hobby or some blog stories."
Me: ................. no, it's a novel."


Why the hell did I open my mouth. I understand science fiction isn't for everyone, but wow.


Person X: "Well can I read what you've written?"
Me: "No, I'm still in the planning and outlining phase, and --"
Person X: "Planning? Don't the big names just start writing and whip out a book."
Me: "Some, yes and no. There are different ways to tackle it..."


And I've lost them. What follows is generally "that's nice" or negativity, because lets face it, if they can't do it then how could I. All people are equal in their talents and goals, right?


Can't please them all I suppose.


Anyway, my Outline has morphed into this amazing, I don't know, comprehensive outline? It's definitely NOT a first draft, but I'm getting there, hopefully aiming to start this weekend.









No comments:

Post a Comment