Totally Awesome Blog Intro!

Welcome to The Roxx Blog! This is a blog created to share and discuss my journey as I write my book(s) and short stories with other writers, published and yet-to-be-published alike. I also want to share my love of science fiction and fantasy books and short stories with like-minded readers and writers. Those who stop by will hopefully leave with helpful ideas, tips, links and with luck, feeling entertained. And most of all, I hope my blog lets other writers know to keep at it and that there is a vast community out there which is friendly and supportive.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

People Are Funny

Why is it as soon as people hear you are writing something, they say " Oh, put me in your book" and then they list a series of characteristics for their character? It's like they want to become famous by proxy through your writing; "Hey, this character is totally me!" Yes, you and the bazillion other people who have the same personality type/star sign/Chinese zodiac/etc. This is why archetypes and the generalities of horoscopes work so well; people are really similar.


This list they give you is great though, it gives you insight into their minds' inner workings. It shows how they think of themselves (and how they think people perceive them) and can be spot on or so off that you wonder how they got to this point in life not knowing how people perceive them.. they're either lying or they're just plain delusional, me thinks.


My favorite is when I am given a list of characteristics that is supposed to be exaggerated or funny, and it's actually much closer to the truth.


And here's the kicker: If you actually write them in the story, chances are they get all offended!


People are funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment